Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Occupy vs. Monsanto: Activists, Farmers Fight the Corporation They Fear Will Take Over All America's Crops | | AlterNet

I'm a gardener. I love the sheer variety of seeds, especially heirloom seeds, saved over generations.


I'm also thrifty, and enjoy saving seeds because that saves me money. The idea that any company limits the right of a farmer or gardener to save seeds by genetically engineering the seeds so the farmer has to shell out hard earned dollars every years strikes me as a terrible form of capitalism.


I'm not sure scientific "answers" are healthy. Too many people die, years later, from science gone wrong, and there's never enough money or interest in doing long term research.


I'm a gardener. Count me as one of the 99% and I hope you read this post from Alternet.

No comments:

Post a Comment